- an alkaloid (a group of naturally occurring compounds that mostly contain basic nitrogen atoms)
- a stimulant; a stimulant of the central nervous system
- most often used to combat fatigue, sleepiness, etc.
- a compound found especially in coffee and tea
- a chemical found in coffee and tea
Caffeine is found in a variety of foods and drinks.
I have heard about caffeine–who hasn’t? I have read about its positive and negative effects.
For me, the caffeine in coffee is partly why I try to drink it early in the day. It’s also why I love drinking it in the morning, it’s my favorite pick-me-up.
There really is nothing like a good cup of coffee to wake me up in the morning . . .
Leave a Reply