“The difference between coffee and your opinion is that I asked for coffee.” –source unknown
Damn . . . so true.
Why do I drink black coffee?
- It’s easier to make.
- It’s cheaper to make.
- It’s faster to make.
- It’s delicious.
- coffee that is ready to be brewed
- the product after grinding roasted coffee beans
- can be found in a variety of forms as grind size determines how fine or coarse the grounds will be
- do not confuse with coffee grounds
It was not until I had to sit down and read, research, and think about coffee vocabulary that I realized before and after had their own terms–ground coffee (before) and coffee grounds (after). Funny how these connections came about–I love what this coffee blog is providing me!
My first attempt to answer “What is coffee?”
Coffee is . . .
- always a good idea (meme)
- a hug in a mug (meme)
- delicious (me . . . and a whole lot of other people I imagine)
- best served hot (me)
- my best friend (meme)
- beautiful (me . . . and a whole lot of other people I imagine)
- a beverage that puts one to sleep when not drank (Alphonse Allias)
“Coffee: a warm delicious alternative to hating everybody every morning forever.” –Kim Bongiorno
While researching this quote, I discovered that Kim Bongiorno has a plethora of items with this quote on sale here.
What should I get?!